job update: one step closer

Whew. I just took a lengthy, challenging interview and test for the college notetaking program.

I was not the most nervous person there, by far, and that helped me relax. (Is that awful?) I felt pretty good, but I won't know if I passed until Friday.

This work, if I get it, will be well paid, but extremely challenging. It will be certainly be more stimulating and demanding than my usual day-job work, and for some reason that appeals to me right now. After 17 years in the legal doc-pro biz, I could do with a change.

Both the interviewer and the tester impressed upon us candidates how important this work is to deaf students. Deaf services are provided through a government grant, and students don't get a second chance. If they fail classes, their services are cut off. They shouldn't fail because their services failed them.

I'm not sure we'll be able to go to a cottage after all. I really shouldn't (although we might anyway). We're not feeling burned out and in dire need of a vacation, it was just for fun. It would be my fourth week of work and perhaps the wrong time to be unavailable. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

not so fast

dipstick